Carry each other"s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2

Women of Worship is a group of men and women with a desire to express love for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We hunger for God's word, support one another in prayer and desire a closer relationship with Him.

Heather and I feel that God has put a genuine desire in our hearts to share His word with people. This blog is our attempt to get the Word of God to our friends in a practical and loving way. We are hoping to create a community of people that strengthen one another for the Kingdom of God. No matter where you are in your walk you are welcome here. Please feel free to share prayer requests, opinions, questions or anything that you feel led to say.

Friday, December 4, 2009

Yokefellow, Everyone needs one!!!

Yokefellow, Everyone needs one!!!
by Heather N. Collver

Are you someone who works independently from others? Do you prefer to be in charge? I can relate. God's Word tells us to be in fellowship with other believers and doers of the Word. So if you find yourself enjoying alone time more often, take some time to connect with others.

In ministry, one can tire really fast if they are doing it alone. I know when I first started writing this devotional, I was the sole writer. I wrote every week for a year. Before long, I was empty. I had nothing left to give. It was with great joy that I desired my sister, Angela to write with me and she agreed. She was my writing companion. On the weeks that I was not writing, I was filling back up with her teaching so that I was ready to write again the next week. It has been such a blessing to write with her. Unfortunately, life gets really busy at times and I found myself continuing to write with my sister with little to no communication otherwise. We were companions still, no doubt, but without fellowship. I felt really guilty. Last weekend, our Pastor, Lon, preached and told a story about a Missionary who had a disabled sibling that prayed each and every day for him. They didn't have any communication while he was on the mission field, but together, they were both companions in prayer and service. Just in other areas of the world. My burden was immediately lifted as I realized that both of us are in two areas of the "world" reaching out and ministering to others, finding fellowship among those we minister to and with. And together, we continue to be companions in writing. It isn't exactly how I desire our relationship, but knowing that we are both ministering to others, doesn't make me feel so bad. To fellowship with those who can encourage us and keep us on track is important.

Paul had quite a few people in his life he called Yokefellow. Silas was his companion. they even did jail time together. Timothy was his companion. He was mentioned as his son in the Lord. Even his wife was mentioned as his Yokefellow. Oh, I really like that one. How I desire to be a Companion to my husband. To be desired by him to be in communication and fellowship, that is such a blessing. The Bible dictionary I am using tells me that Paul desired Timothy to minister with him.

Who do you desire to be in fellowship with. Who are those companions in your life, either near or far, that give you a source of encouragement and fill you up when you are empty? Who do you desire to be with?

Dear Lord, thank you for this study on Yokefellow. I have to admit, at first it was not a word I wanted to write about. But, I thank you for your Word in which we learn so many new things. I praise you for those in my life that are my yokefellow and that I can lean on and fellowship with.

Praise and Prayer

Praise God for my Yokefellow: Dale, Angela, Lisa, JoAnne, Sam, Ghada, Jenn.

Please pray for Kathy Leavitt. Healing, justice, responsibility. That she is safe in Jail.

Please pray for McKayla Leavitt. Dealing with the emotions and pain from her past. Healing so she can move on. Please pray for her this month. She will turn 16, is in a Foster Home and has so many issues with her past. Please pray that she will not be lonely for her 16th birthday or Christmas as most family will be out of town.

Please pray for Allison and the Yates family.

Please pray for JoAnne . She is experiencing high blood pressure, a cold and hand and foot syndrome.

Please pray for safe travel for Hayley Collver to Myrtle Creek for a quiz meet.

Please pray for Dale's health, and his upcoming surgery at the end of this month.

Please pray for friends that are going to loose their house at the end of this month if they are not able to work out a plan to take care of the finances.

Praise God for all of those who encourage us and keep us on track, may we find peace and joy in these busy days and enjoy each day that we are given.

No comments: