Carry each other"s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2

Women of Worship is a group of men and women with a desire to express love for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We hunger for God's word, support one another in prayer and desire a closer relationship with Him.

Heather and I feel that God has put a genuine desire in our hearts to share His word with people. This blog is our attempt to get the Word of God to our friends in a practical and loving way. We are hoping to create a community of people that strengthen one another for the Kingdom of God. No matter where you are in your walk you are welcome here. Please feel free to share prayer requests, opinions, questions or anything that you feel led to say.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Witness- We Are

Witness- We Are

by Heather Collver

Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you wish you had another witness? Maybe it was a time that your baby said their first word, or when someone ran a red light and almost caused a collision. What about when you were a child, wouldn't it have been nice to have a witness when your sibling hit you, pushed you, or some other terrible thing? These are just a few of the things that come to mind for me.

It is smart to be around other people. Being in a crowd of people will help you to have testimony in things that happen. My husband is a youth pastor. He tends to draw in teens from all walks of life. Because of this, he has a rule that all youth workers must never be alone with a teen. This protects both the youth worker and the youth. It's hard at times, as even opposite sex youth workers are urged not to be alone together. What a great idea when it comes to bearing witness of things that happen. Because of this, I believe the youth group has many parents support and trust in the program, because there is accountability.

I think God designed His plan in a similar way. He knows all of history. He knows each of us by name. He selected those he knew would be obedient and that would be accountable to being a witness for God. I know I have had some amazing healings and experiences that make me a witness for God as well. What we do with our testimony should end in the result of God being Glorified.

The Bible tells us that God has not left himself without witness. He used others to bear witness for him: Prophets, John the Baptist, The Father, The works of Christ, and Christ himself.

Notice he also used the works of Christ. Do you believe He will use the works of (insert your name here)?

Acts 14:17 Yet he has not left himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy."

Acts 10:43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name

John 1:7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe

John 5:37 And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form

John 8:18 I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me

John 5:36 I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the very work that the Father has given me to finish, and which I am doing, testifies that the Father has sent me.

John 10:37-38 Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does. 38But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father."


Dear Lord, thank you for sending others to teach us about you and to reveal you to the world. I am in awe. I am so thankful for all you have given to us and all that we have to stand firm on your promises. Thank you.

Please pray for those who have heard the truth, yet do not believe. Pray for those that have turned from the promises of God.

Please send praises and prayers for Friday, it gets us all through the weekend. Gives us something to pray about other than ourselves.

No comments: