Carry each other"s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2

Women of Worship is a group of men and women with a desire to express love for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We hunger for God's word, support one another in prayer and desire a closer relationship with Him.

Heather and I feel that God has put a genuine desire in our hearts to share His word with people. This blog is our attempt to get the Word of God to our friends in a practical and loving way. We are hoping to create a community of people that strengthen one another for the Kingdom of God. No matter where you are in your walk you are welcome here. Please feel free to share prayer requests, opinions, questions or anything that you feel led to say.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Witnes: The Spirit

Witness: The Spirit

by Heather Collver

Oh, how I love weddings! They are so romantic. I am a true romantic at heart. Nothing pulls on my heart strings better than seeing the groom react as he sees his bride for the first time. All dressed to the T. What thoughts are going through his head. Ahhh, how beautiful the union to come. What gets me even more is when he tenderly embraces her and treats her as a queen. As a newly married couple, most brides and grooms offer each other a ring, or a symbol of their love for each other, to keep with them and to carry as a reminder of their commitment to one another.

Just imagine my romantic thoughts as I realized how this connects with our Lord. His love for us is so tender. He pours out gifts and blessings for us and tenderly embraces us with comfort and joy. His expression in his heart must be that of overwhelming joy when he hears our commitment to love and serve him the rest of our days. Just as a newly married couple, he is quick to offer to us a symbol of his love and a reminder of our commitment. It is the Holy Spirit. It's a true love story at it's finest. One who will keep us through sickness and health. Provide for us and comfort us. No wonder he wants to be the third witness in a wedding ceremony, to become one with his creation, as he intended. I believe my Lord is a hopeless romantic like me, for I am wonderfully and fearfully made in his image!

I know, I know, come back to reality, Heather. Truly though, it is reality, he is our Lord, he wants to treat us as his bride. What would our world be like if every Man could reflect that perfect image as a groom? In order for that, I am assuming every Woman would have to reflect the perfect image as a bride. That probably won't happen in our lifetime, but the truth I can hold onto is that there is a perfect relationship, it is that of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. In that perfect relationship, we have been invited to partake.

God witnesses to those who believe in Him. He assures us salvation. In that assurance, he provides for us a gift, or symbol of which we are able to carry with us as a reminder of our new union with our Lord and savior, he give us the Holy Spirit.

Romans 8:16 "The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God".

I will never forget the moment that I knew that my spirit had received it's perfect union in my life. When the Father had welcomed me into his relationship with the Son and spirit. I could feel it in my soul. I wasn't perfect, I had so much that needed to be done in my life. I still do for God's sake, really, He needs much more from me than I think I am able to give. Oh, but I have a gift that is just mine, a piece of the big picture, and it dwells in me. Praise God.

Dear Lord, thank you for making me a romantic. I like to think you are very much the same. Thank you for painting this picture so clearly for me. How perfect your timing too. I pray for those who are separated from their spouse this week, I know I will be one of them. Care for our spouses and God help us to really care for them as you created us to do. Lord, I thank you for your Spirit that dwells in me. I pray that we are a people who are willing to listen to your Spirit and to be sensitive enough to hear it's guidance in our lives.

Please pray for those who are newly married, soon to be married, or are married and struggling. Don't forget to praise for those pillar marriages that give us something to strive for, that encourage us. Don't forget your own marriage, new truths that God has in store for you and your mate.

No comments: