Carry each other"s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2

Women of Worship is a group of men and women with a desire to express love for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We hunger for God's word, support one another in prayer and desire a closer relationship with Him.

Heather and I feel that God has put a genuine desire in our hearts to share His word with people. This blog is our attempt to get the Word of God to our friends in a practical and loving way. We are hoping to create a community of people that strengthen one another for the Kingdom of God. No matter where you are in your walk you are welcome here. Please feel free to share prayer requests, opinions, questions or anything that you feel led to say.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Love, Day 2


Love is patient.

Love is kind.

It does not envy.

It does not boast.


Most of us know the verses in 1 Corinthians 13. If you don't know them, I am sure you have heard them at a wedding or two. Maybe even had the words recited at your own nuptials.


It is pretty easy this day and age to get our Love mixed up. Our Bible has taught us one thing, our society another.


Love is right here-right now.

Love is jealous.

Love is competition.

Love is self-serving.


Learning how to Love in a Godly manner is difficult. I grew up with a world example of love. Cycles that I still to this day have trouble breaking. Love to me was how I gaged if I was good enough. I needed to know if I was worth any ones affection. I spent a lot of time filling up my life with artificial Love. Seeking attention that was steeling my value. I didn't know what I was doing but I knew that I needed something I couldn't find in myself. I knew the right here, right now kind of love. I didn't know the kind of love that was intimate and unfailing.


The only real difference between one Love vs the other is Grace. There is good love in our world but it always comes with a to-do list and proof of our value. Only one Love is given freely. Only one Love forgives sin. Only one Love made the ultimate sacrifice for you. Only one Love waits patiently for you to receive it.


May I challenge you to evaluate the type of Love that you show the world around you. Especially your children. We are how they learn to receive love. We are the ones that open the doors to the everlasting Love of Jesus or the Love that steels the things of God from our children. Help your children understand that even though you Love them it is the Creator of the Universe that Loves them above all else. Fill the need in their lives to be loved with the Truth. Don't let them fall into the trap I did, looking for Love in places that are self-serving and temporary.
1 John 4:15-17
Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.
We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.
By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world.
Please pray for Danielle D this week

No comments: