Carry each other"s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2

Women of Worship is a group of men and women with a desire to express love for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We hunger for God's word, support one another in prayer and desire a closer relationship with Him.

Heather and I feel that God has put a genuine desire in our hearts to share His word with people. This blog is our attempt to get the Word of God to our friends in a practical and loving way. We are hoping to create a community of people that strengthen one another for the Kingdom of God. No matter where you are in your walk you are welcome here. Please feel free to share prayer requests, opinions, questions or anything that you feel led to say.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Yokefellow

Yokefellow
by Heather Collver

Have you ever considered your future? Not the future that includes you living here on Earth. I am speaking of the legacy you leave for others. What will people remember you as.

Looking for a topic to write on that starts with the letter Y was quite interesting. I found the word Yokefellow. Quite the odd word for my vocabulary. At first sight, it definitely didn't look appealing to me. I skipped over it.

I have several tools to help me write my devotional. I usually have 2-3 versions of the Bible, my Nelson's New Illustrated Bible Dictionary, the computer with tabs open for www.biblegateway.com/ and of course our blogsite which is now a wealth of information with over 400 topics written. I love to study God's word.

Yokefellow was not appealing, nor did it have a really good definition at first. Then, at the right moment, my soul began to listen and again the Spirit spoke to me with new insight and direction. Yes, I will use this word and I be blessed by it.

In the Bible Dictionary mentioned above, I read:

Yokefellow: fellow laboror of apostle Paul, companion, co-worker. One who is yoked in harness with another- the two working together as a team.

Various person's have been suggested as Paul's yokefellow.

a list of people's names appear and then the words, "actual identity of his yokefellow is unknown"

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Phil%204:3&version=NIV;KJV;NKJV;ESV

What a mystery. I like mysteries. This tells us so much. Paul was a team player, if they don't know just one person that fits the definition in Paul's life, he must have had many people in his life that were close to him. This week we'll learn who they are suggesting and learn a bit about Paul as we unfold this word: Yokefellow.

Dear Lord, I praise you for new truths and for your Word. I pray that I am able to teach it as you want it to be taught and that you will clear my mind of distractions. Give me peace and help me to communicate your Word so that it challenges us to be more like Christ.

Please pray for those in your life that you would consider your Yokefellow.




No comments: