Carry each other"s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2

Women of Worship is a group of men and women with a desire to express love for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We hunger for God's word, support one another in prayer and desire a closer relationship with Him.

Heather and I feel that God has put a genuine desire in our hearts to share His word with people. This blog is our attempt to get the Word of God to our friends in a practical and loving way. We are hoping to create a community of people that strengthen one another for the Kingdom of God. No matter where you are in your walk you are welcome here. Please feel free to share prayer requests, opinions, questions or anything that you feel led to say.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Counsel

When we read through the book of Esther we find Xerxes often times looked to counsel for advice, direction and understanding.

What do you do when you need advice? Who do you call?

I have a few in my life that I know will side with whatever I say, so they are the one's I call when I want only to be right. I have a few others that quite enjoy throwing a good pity party with me. I have others who are wonderful listeners, you know the one's that sit there and just let you talk it out until you come up with your own solution. And then, I have the people that I trust with my heart, the people I call when I need accountability, sound judgment and clear advice.

No one in the list above is more or less important to me, because I love them all dearly. Truth be told, it is my accountability partners that are the most respected in my life. They are the people living their own lives in response to God's grace. They aren't afraid to be honest, they know I want sound biblical councel and they won't tell a soul what my struggles may be. They are also the relationships that require the most vulnerability by me, the relationships require me to sacrifice a part of my sheltered self in order to be real.

Good counsel is important. It in fact is one of the most important decisions you can make. Discernment is always a necessary part of finding real counsel in this life. While, we know people may disappoint us, we still need to step out and be able to be held accountable to the lives we desire to live for God. Because, above all else your counsel needs to be led by the One with the best guidance.

John 14:15 "If you love me, you will obey what I command. 16And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— 17the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

No comments: